Jackets - Tall sizes?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaddock

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there are manufacturers out there that make there jackets in tall sizes?

I'm still looking at down jacket options and ultimately I am a large tall. Eddie Bauer is great for this, I wish Marmot or North Face or others would catch on to this as well.

Ultralite means ultra skimpy and it's annoying. I want lightweight gear but it has to fit.

-Shayne

My husband is a large tall as well and he can usually find this size at LL Bean or Cabela's.

MEB

I had this problem earlier this summer. What a pain! I was attempting to replace my old but trusty LLBean All-Conditions Parka, but I couldn't stand the new Bean hood, which is a waste of fabric IMO. SOOOooo, I hunted around for a bit, and tried on ALL sorts of jackets. Now I'm a tall lanky kind of dude, and NOTHING worked. If I found a large that had a nice hood, it was too short, and the X-Large added 1/4" of length and 28" of girth. If I found a jacket that was long enough, the hood was a piece of baloney. FINALLY, after many online orderings and returns (I do not live near any shop of quality) I got the MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) Talisman jacket, and found exactly what I was looking for, almost (we're all a bit picky, aren't we? ;) ) It came in a Large Tall, and I was very pleased with the product. End of story, but MAN, what a journey to get there.... jeez!

Edit: and hey! if you're in Canada, maybe there's an MEC near you and/or you can mail order a jacket and not deal with the $20+ shipping charges!

Orphic Seth said:
and hey! if you're in Canada, maybe there's an MEC near you and/or you can mail order a jacket and not deal with the $20+ shipping charges!

I live 1.4km from MEC and have bought their tall sizes before. I will definitely be checking out the Talisman jacket as i could use a new winter shell. I wish they sold down sweaters.

-Shayne