July 11 - WNY Rock & Root Summer Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALGonquin Bob

Reaction score
July 11 - Western New York "Rock & Root" Summer Gathering

July 11 - Western New York “ROCK & ROOT” Summer Gathering

I just noticed that my summer is whizzing by, and thought I’d like to host a “gathering” before the snow flies again.

On Sunday July 11, from 11 to ?, you’re all invited to an informal gathering (picnic) at my home... in my little backyard (there are no camping facilities – this is the CITY!). I live in Tonawanda, NY – a Northern suburb of Buffalo.

All hikers and climbers are welcome for this one-day get together. The Mrs. and I will provide hot dogs, burgers, and pop (called “soda” elsewhere). We’ll ask you to bring a dish to pass, and BYOB. Oh, yeah... and bring pictures!

This is an opportunity to meet other climbers & hikers, and li..., that is, TALK about our adventures in the mountains. This is a cross-forum invitation, as I am posting on VFTT, ADKforum.com, and ADKhighpeaks.com (why can’t we all just get along?)

PLEASE - RSVP ASAP (by July 7) [email protected]
e-mail me for my address and directions

Last edited:
Hi Bob,

I'm here! You are not alone.

I plan on being there the 11th. There is a small chance I have to go to Japan for 4 days. Of course they choose July 11-14 for the trip. I'll keep you informed.

Ed

I'll be in that area from the 3rd through the 10th. Now if I can figure out how to stay one more day...

Hi Bob,

I'm trying real hard to keep that day open and so far it is open. If it stays that way I'll be there with some frosty cold ones in hand. I'll PM you as the day draws nearer.

Bob

ADK4487: I guess I won't be having any Guinness then...
Tuco: Canada is just across the river from my place...
RDL: Keep trying, man
pepsi: Just one more day...

A friend who works for EMS will be bringing some new outdoor gear to show us. I hope you all have a great weekend for the "Fourth".

711 WNY

Hey neighbor,
I would like to stop by for some pollution. Since I"m located in Kenmore I won't have far to fall;)
Not sure if we have ever met, I'm a long time climber,hiker,bpacker,mbiker,wwyakker,canoe-er etc.
Not sure how long I can stay since we will have out-of-towners IN town.
see you,
out there

Rocks & Roots

Sooooo, not too many hikers in Buffalo. But we had a good time. It was good to meet Pete (outthere), Bob, Dawn, and Nancy. Anybody a little farther East want to do a picnic like this? Otherwise, I'll see you in the Catskills. -ALG

Glad to hear you had a good time, and especially that you had good weather. It seems like it rained every day that we were there and getting anyone to stay an extra day was not possible, we actually left a day early.

Good that you could get some people together. I was at the lake organizing a Youth Dance. Great DJ right on the water's edge and superb weather!! We, too, would have liked a better turn out.

Thanks for the invite and willingness to gather, Bob.

Hi Bob/ALG,
Thanks again for the hospitality.
Nice to meet the wife and bros as well everyone else.
I'll let you know when the ww/river run is on (probably 7/25) and when you're ready to spice up those winter camping trips with a couple of ice axes just let me know...
see you,
out there

PS I think your front yard cairn might be a little short for our Buffalo winters:D