June 4 National Trails Day Events

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waumbek

Reaction score
Avatar: "World's Windiest Place" Stamp (5/27/06)
Here's a chance to get out, give back, meet some new people, and see the trails from the perspective of those who make and maintain them. Saturday, June 4, is the annual National Trails Day sponsored by the American Hiking Society. You can check events in your state here.

I'll mention a few in northern NH:

1) Randolph Mountain Club. The Vyron D. Lowe Path up to Lookout Ledge is being relocated. RMC crew has already started cutting brush and trees for the relo. Volunteers are needed to cart down the brush and logs. Check the link for contact info and meeting points.

2) Friends of Pondicherry, Jefferson NH, are patrolling and brushing the (flat) trails in the National Wildlife Refuge at Pond of Cherry in Jefferson. Check the link for details.

3) AMC. Work outings on the Davis Path and Mount Willard Trail. Free barbecue at Joe Dodge afterwards, Check the link for details.

4) AMC. Workshops at Pinkham with ATC on boundary monitoring and another on basic chainsaw training (June 4-5). Check link for details.

That's just a few of the northern NH events. There are more in other states too.

Give a little bit...

The NH Chapter of AMC will be doing trail work in Southern New Hampshire. We will be working on the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway. If anyone is interested in joining us or has any questions, PM me. Another group of folks from the NH Chapter will be doing an invasive plant removal project in Manchester at the Piscataquag River Park. I can put you in touch with the people working that project. Please consider giving some of your time to working on the trails this summer. Thanks!

Waumbek said:
Here's a chance to get out, give back, meet some new people, and see the trails from the perspective of those who make and maintain them. Saturday, June 4, is the annual National Trails Day sponsored by the American Hiking Society. You can check events in your state here.

There's at least one hike in the Catskills. Details provided if interested...

A quick reminder: tomorrow (June 4) is National Trails Day. Get out there and enjoy your local trails... and ideally hook up with a trail maintenance organization.

Mrs G and I will be at the Wonalancet Outdoor Club's work day. Meeting is at 8:00 a.m. Saturday at Mead Base (Sandwich Notch Road); potluck to follow a good day of maintenance.

Get out there!