Last Push

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianChris

Reaction score
Thinking of tackling my last three Catskill Peaks in one last push (I hope to do this on my 35 b-day coming up) - SW Hunter, Lone and Rocky. Not exactly all along the same trail but that's ok. Was thinking of starting at SW Hunter, heading down 214 to Pheonicia and in to Woodland Valley, up Wittenburg to Cornell, Friday, Balsalm Cap to Rocky and then Lone.

A good amount of walking on 214 but I don't mind. From peak to peak its about 24 miles. Still haven't figured out where car no. 2 will need to be. Maybe down by Denning.

comments, ideas, suggestions?...

wow sounds like a long day. :eek:
I am not sure if you are serious but if you are
I personally would not do those three together.
Lone and Rocky I would go from Denning trail head and the Neversink valley to Lone and Rocky is the typical route. If you add Wittenberg and Cornell that is more than a full day this time of year To add SW Hunter if you drive to the Spruceton trailhead is another 3-4 hours hike YMMV. I would park at spruceton and go in and out for SW hunter and drive to Denning probably an hours drive.
Still a better idea is to split the three putting Lone and Rocky together and do two day hikes with the last on your birthday.

good luck
al