let us remember 9/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it is if you're an American. If we asked people like Neil, Timmus and others, my hunch is they'd feel the same way about Canada ;)

After my last visit to NYC 10 years ago to see the “pile”, I'm looking forward to my visit this week to see the memorial.

I'm hopeful the 10 year anniversary will mark the beginning of a new and prosperous decade.

We remembered...
Our town was given a piece of the North Twin Tower.

IMG_1701.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

IMG_1688.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for telling me that my link didn't work.

I have an impossible time getting a slideshow up on VFTT.

I could open it, and I had made it public, but it just would not work.

I have to copy image only, embedded link into an email, and then move them one by one into VFTT.

One of the things I'll "Never Forget" was working moving supplies out of trucks by the Javitts Center the days after 911 and somehow a pickup truck was inside the fenced off compound. A mystery with all the security. The driver was from Vermont and told me "I've never been here before and I've never seen anything like this." (As if any of us had). What he drove down from Vermont was the town's fireman's gear. A bunch of helmets, boots, heavy jackets, etc. He also had a case of his own maple syrup to jazz up breakfast for the guys.
There were lots of trucks from lots of places but this one guy in one truck I remember the best out of all of them.

Last edited:
...A mystery with all the security.

A gallon of maple syrup opens lots of doors (and gates).

I was in the medics with the Air Force during the Vietnam War. If we gave the guys who worked on the avionics squadron a bottle of 1000 aspirin they'd fabricate just about anything you needed, as they'd get bad headaches working around all that noise.

Outstanding symbolism, design and construction

I know there are a few A&E types here so I thought I would post a couple of pictures and thoughts.

This is the south pool with the museum in the background.
This pool has the names of:
First Responders
WTC South Tower
Flight 93
Flight 77
Pentagon
Flight 175

110915-001-2.jpg

This is the north pool with the museum in the background
This pool has the names of:
WTC North Tower
1993 Bombing of WTC
Flight 11

110915-002.jpg

The WTC memorial site is an outstanding space with many symbolism design elements and creative detail. Even though there was plenty of construction happening all around, the site is large enough to easily support the visitor volume it's likely to get, yet give you a feeling of privacy for personal reflection.
I highly recommend a visit to the 9/11 Memorial.

BTW, the museum isn't open yet but the two tridents were visible through the glass facade.
-----------------------------------------------------

And for you American Chopper fans :)
The Liberty Bike is on Liberty island along side Lady Liberty

110915-001.jpg

Last edited: