Light Trail Work

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working this weekend but have some time Friday Sept 9 -- just got word from Rocket21 that Edmand's Path is in good shape -- I was hoping to get out on the N Twin/Gale River Loop pre-flags but am willing to lend a hand if you still need it.

I'm working this weekend but have some time Friday Sept 9 -- just got word from Rocket21 that Edmand's Path is in good shape -- I was hoping to get out on the N Twin/Gale River Loop pre-flags but am willing to lend a hand if you still need it.

We're coming up Friday night and could help Saturday or Sunday. Sunday might be better, but forecast is a bit worse. Let me know, you have the cell.

This is great guys. I do need to find out if we can travel down Rt 302 the 2.5miles from Twin Mountain to Zealand Road. Zealand Road may have its own problems. I plan on bringing a moutain bike. I'll not be bringing any more than a handsaw and loppers on the trails. I am considering a chainsaw to clear the road. I don't think anyone will have trouble with that.

I am free any single day this weekend, and I'll make time for next Friday.

I just found this on the USFS website: "Zealand Road is closed beyond the Sugarloaf trailhead. Please refrain from parking on Zealand Road while reconstruction takes place. Please travel cautiously as heavy equipment will be frequent. Parking along or on Zealand Rd inhibits reconstruction safety and prolongs the opening for public access."

I will not be bringing a chain saw, but plan on checking this out. Looks like it will just be a longer hike. Which is good because Chip could use the exercize.

Last edited:
:eek: While that's true, the longer I have to hike, the less work you'll get out of me. Diane could drop us off with bikes and then pick us up.

I have a bike rack, we can park on Rt 302. Looks like the bike ride will only be about 3.5 miles one way. We'll do what we can. I'll come to Bethlehem this Sunday morning (9/4/11) about 7:00 am (Change from 9/3/11). I'll bring beer, if you'll make breakfast.

Last edited:
Well, those hikers who enjoyed Zealand Trail to the Hut and to "View" (Zeacliff) AFTER about 9:30am on 9/4 have no idea just how lucky they were :cool:.

;) Well, there was that one tree...