Liquid Benedril Caplets

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
Recently I added these to my First Aid Kit after a suggestion from a friend who is a Registered Nurse.

She told me that if I am having an allergic reaction on the trail to take a caplet, break it and squeeze the liquid under my tongue.

She tells me that this will allow the meds to get into the blood stream quickly.

I am in no way a medical person. I took the WFA course through SOLO, and I decided my best role would be to run for help, since I have zero medical know how.

I am posting this because I think it was a good idea. I hope I never have to use it, but glad to know it is there.

Good call. I've got an alergy to bees. Benedryl and an EpiPen whenver (not that often) I hike above 40 degrees).

I carry the benadryll dissolving strips.(like the listerine Breath strips). In my first aid kit. Same concept, Instantly in you system, pack small, more durable, and no gell caps to cut open. The down side is they taste like lizard vomit but I am sure the caps taste worse. .........Incidentally I am a Wilderness EMT and do alot of SAR work. my med kit is used often.

Oh, had not heard of those, I will have to look at the local pharmacy. I will also let my friend know about them.

Lizard vomit... i don't really want to know how you would know what that tastes like! :rolleyes:

It is probably worth checking out the shelf lives and storage temp ranges of the different forms of Benedril.

Don't know about anyone else, but my FA kit can be exposed to temps below 0F and above 100F. And most of its contents end up being replaced due to age rather than use.

Doug

Latest posts