LL Bean sleeping bag opinions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
Looking to get a lighter more comfortable some what 3 season sleeping bag. I'm a belly sleeper with arms extended out some of the times so I was looking at semi rectangular bags. Very difficult to buy the 2nd time around with some many choices...thx...with the $ saved I want to buy a new Osprey pack, that's also driving me crazy. Meanwhile I have 54 more days for my TKR so I'm getting psyched up for lighter weight hiking as best as I can..

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/48813?feat=1097-GN2

one thing i noticed with down bags from beans, they are warmer for the same rating than other brands. i have a 20 degree bag that i was warm in when it was 10 out. it was WAY warmer than other 20 degree bags i have had

We are under llbeans winter bag right now that we bought in 1992. It still works and keeps us or our kids warm on winter overnighters.

I have several LL Bean bags and find them to be decent. My 0°F has kept me warm on many a night, and I always bring my 15°F down when winter hiking solo, and I've had to use it a few times. It's my favorite bag. The "Camp" 20° and 30° bags tend to be a little heavy though, so they only go with me car camping.

Whoo Hoo! I got my present today! My daughter 14 quickly unzipped the bag, crawled inside it and declared that she was sleeping in it tonight! I've yet to check it out, will do a little later....ps, I ordered a big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 today on sale for $200 . It is their model type (brown), same weight just in brown (under 4lbs), which I have no problem with. So far my weight is under 6 lbs for bag and tent. My knees are getting excited, next is probably the Atmos 65. This is all possible because i'm turning 50 in a few days. Will check out the bag hopefully this weekend in my backtard.

Great night sleep! Used as a comforter. Felt like a little boy last night with my Davey Crocket blanket! Wife thought I was silly, who cares! :D

Great night sleep! Used as a comforter. Felt like a little boy last night with my Davey Crocket blanket! Wife thought I was silly, who cares! :D

Good Deal!:cool: Camping is camping no matter where you do it. It actually looks like a pretty sweet bag.
Bob