Long Trial Speed Hiker

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi

Reaction score
I read an article in Yankee Magazine a few months ago about a guy (Steve I think?) that speed hikes. Has a bunch of records, but had fallen short in his Long Trail Attempt. Anyway, I think I saw him this Saturday morning up on Jay Peak. Anyone know if he is trying it again? It looked like him, and the Toyota Pickup at the trailhead looked exactly like the one in the article that he had "lived" out of while speed hiking the NH 4000's.

Ahhhh, that's it!
I may have been mistaken on my sighting, but it seems coincidental that I would see someone that reminded me of this article, at total random, and have it 4 days from his intended start.

Anyway, good luck to him. What an amazing person.
And thank you Mr. Ellozy.

I remember reading that he spends a lot of time familiarizing himself with the trail beforehand, after all he does hike through the night. Might have been him. I have never done that stretch of the trail but have had problems with other stretches of the trail where it crosses ski slopes at the twilight hours. A good place to know where the trail breaks away from the slope. Very often there are numerous false trails.