Machu Picchu porters

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing that. Reminded me of porters we met on Kilimanjaro, and that was important as we are about to meet new porters in Nepal soon.

Great video. When I hiked in Peru a few years ago we had wonderful porters. On one trip we had horses to help carry gear. On another trek we had llamas. The porters work extremely hard and with minimal gear--no fancy trekking items.

Because they work so hard, it's important to find a really reputable company who treats and pays the porters well.

If anyone is looking, I'd recommend Andean Treks http://www.andeantreks.com/destination/peru?id=1 (I did the Moonstone to Sun Temple--alternate route to Machu Picchu and also a trek in the Vilcanota range, higher altitude--not sure if they do that one anymore)

--Carla

ps meant to add--the trekking company is based in Watertown MA, (with offices in Cusco Peru too) which also makes things convenient in terms of language and accessibility etc

Last edited: