(Another) New AMC Logo!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only in this forum can a random mention of a logo lead to a spirited discussion about racism, passive aggressive snubs, vitriol, personal attacks and also have detailed research back to the 1800's complete with term paper quality reference to sources and photographic references to patches older than I am. I will miss this forum when it is finally gone.....

Only in this forum can a random mention of a logo lead to a spirited discussion about racism, passive aggressive snubs, vitriol, personal attacks and also have detailed research back to the 1800's complete with term paper quality reference to sources and photographic references to patches older than I am. I will miss this forum when it is finally gone.....
Almost every forum I've ever participated on would have similar derails.

Well said Day Trip. The best of the logos is the one they ditched for the stupid stick figure. Simple and timeless, green and white.

Well said Day Trip. The best of the logos is the one they ditched for the stupid stick figure. Simple and timeless, green and white.
I have a hunch that you are referring to the logo that was two-previous to the stick figure. The logo that they ditched for the stick figure used a decidely-not-timeless font. (See my previous posts, #s 33 & 40.)

P.s. According to one faded interpretation of this logo:
Screenshot 2024-10-03 at 7.33.19 PM.png
found in a NH summit register, A.M.C. stands for "All My Cash." 😁

No, I meant the other one, but the one above is a close second. I was talking about the image not the font, but I see your point now that I look closer. I just like the image better on the more recent one. For the record, I have no stake or strong opinion on the merits or deficiencies of the AMC. It is what it is, and the hut system predates my adventures in the Whites which began in the early 70s. Thanks for the history lesson on the logos.

Reactions: TEO