MacNaughton in October

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALGonquin Bob

Reaction score
Got some time, and thought I'd do a nasty, wet slog in the High Peaks. Thinking 'bout MacNaughton as my 47th peak on Oct 23-24, or maybe Oct. 9-10.

"I will get by... I will survive"

Alg--I would be in, but I get every other weekend off, and both are my weekends on. By the way--have you been getting any paddling in? I've been going to some new places. Letchworth gorege the other day, and I'll be paddling on the Moose the weekend of 10-16, my first time there too.

Did a nice solo weekend on Lake Lila earlier this month. It's so nice to be done with the list. I'll be in the St. Regis Canoe Area Oct. 8-10 (with ADK) if I don't hike. That would be my last canoe trip, then the water gets too hard. After that, it's just hiking in cold weather 'til... well, until next summer when it gets warm up there. Might be available to hike Oct. 22-24, as well. Might hold off on McNasty until Feb or so.

My new motto for "day" hikes: "I will get by... I will survive"

Listen guys, if you want to do McN. in Feb. make sure to let me know cuz I'm like, interested.

McN

Alg,

I was following the the other thread on trip reports and thought it was going to be this coming Saturday for McNaughton? I don't mind saving it for Feb though.
I think I'll go for Marshall this Saturday instead. Anyone want to join us?

Phil

I'd go this weekend (10/2 or 10/3) if anyone else is available.

KZ