Man vs "wild"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have been there (Crater Rim Rd along the south side of the Kilauea Crater), you would know that you step off the road onto relatively recent lava. The cracks are real, as would be the consequences if you fell into one. And not far away, the Chain of Craters Rd has been overrun by lava and rebuilt multiple times.

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/kilauea/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kīlauea

Doug

I was there in 1999. Kilauea had lava flowing for 7 years straight but stopped the day before we arrived. 10 days later on Haleakala we learned it was flowing again.

In the Whites, this could be a good snow bridge 100 feet from a wooden bridge, and choosing to cross the snow bridge demonstrates a technique, why not use it?

Tim

Isn't the Man vs. Wild the guy that kills everything he sees and then eats it?

I always thought something was fishy about him. He's in a "survival situation" but he's careless as all hell: Crashing through jungle like it's really just a sound-stage, getting soaking wet crossing a river in the arctic just so he can justify warming up in a hot-spring... That kind of thing...

His modus operandi was that of someone who really isn't *too* worried about what might happen if he screws up.

He's a pretty well respected adventurer in England...But the show is idiotic at best...There's not a river he won't jump in--no matter how cold--no cliff he'll try to shimmy down..no matter how steep...and there's nothin he won't kill to "eat"--it's all bogus and for shock value only--Survivor Man was more realistic.

Bear has climbed Everest twice more than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. I wouldn't say he is fake, I would say that he has a good editing team.

I don't think anyone is saying he is a fake, but that the way he handles the “survival situations” in his show makes is obvious they are contrived. Anyone who’s climbed Everest certainly has my respect!

Last edited: