Marshall/Allen trailrun partner?!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hurry?

No this isn't a hurry. This is just the speed I like to travel.

Cover much ground to see lots!!

See you on the trail, AlG!

:D

Allen runner!!!

Hi IceNsnow.

Pinpin Junior have a big interest to run Allen, but impossible before next week.
We need also Marshall, but by Wright-Algonquin-Iroquois-Marshall strait. probably a little difficult to run by this way but not impossible....

When We will go for this challenge?

Pinpin Junior;) ;)

just Allen!

Hi PINPINJR!

I don't need to do Marshall, so let's just do Allen!
What day is good for you? Tues, Wed or Th are good for me.

Is 7am a good meeting time?
Can The Queen join us?

PS I don't want to go if it is raining. :eek:

Email me at [email protected] please.

I might be available for a trail run on the 28th if this other thing I'm trying to get going falls thru. On pavement I cover a mile in about 9 minutes at easy jogging pace. When the going gets uphill (and downhill) like up Allen I turn into a hiker. This might not fit your pace/style but if it does let me know.

Oct 28th

Neil,
Your pace is fine.
I was hoping to get to Allen sooner, but keep me posted and we'll see if our schedules jive. (I may not get there before the 28th. I'd wait if you were definitely interested.)
Are there other peaks you might be interested in on that day?

PS Running conditions may deteriorate very quickly if the weather doesn't hold 'til then. :eek:

Trail run

Hi!, I'm waiting to see if a friend can get that day off. He'll be e-mailing me any day. I would be game for anything as long as there isn't too much elevation gain/loss. That's why I responded to your thread. Allen looks flat til the hiking starts. I haven't done any trail running so far in the Adks.
Neil
Edit: Oops! I though I was PM'ing you.

Allen this weekend!!!

Hi IceNsnow & Neil,

With few experiences in run trail.
We need Allen between 22 & 28 October.
The forecast same good for Sunday, We will go for a trainning this day if this thing stay the same.
May be We will be able to make a better time, when IceNsnow push or pull us, but We will have a time to refer after.
Now my personnal record is 5 h 59 m 40 s (September 23 2000) when I was young!!!with very few running time.
Sunday the goal lower 5 h 30 minutes(may be a dream!!!) ;) :cool:

Pinpin Jr.

(Inge, do these times make sense to you?)
Pin-Pin, speaking for myself I would figure (guess) on 1:10 from the trailhead to the trail to Allen. That’s based on my estimate of 5 miles and ''trail'' conditions. The 2 mi. to Skylight Brook would take me about 50 min. round trip (2 mi. 500 feet elev. gain and loss) That makes for about 3:15 round trip given decent trail conditions and leaves 2:15 to go up and down Allen and its 2000 feet of vertical. I don’t think I could do it, more like 3 hours in my case which makes for a time of 6:15 which seems pretty slow by your standards. I guess if anybody can do it in under 5:30 it’s you. Perhaps in the future people will refer to their trip times in Pin-Pin units. ''Oh, we made good time, it only took us 1½ Pin-Pin units.''