Moose found stuck in tree

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have an apple tree on your property, it's not uncommon to see drunk deer. They (and moose) are ruminants - meaning, they chew their cuds. Plenty of time for fermentation to occur while those apples are passing between double stomachs.

I've never seen a drunk moose, but have seen plenty of drunk deer. Like most drunks, they can be pretty funny.

On the way from Twin Mountain to Route 115, there is an orchard on the right. Last Saturday as we were driving to the Cherry Mountain trailhead, I saw a huge pile of apples that had evidentally fallen from the trees. I thought "interesting" and "why?" but now I think it might have been to keep moose out of the trees. There had been enough damage to the area for one week.

With apologies to Monty Python:

One thing is for sure; a moose is not a creature of the air. They have enormous difficulty in the comparatively simple act of perchin'. As you see. As for flight, its body is totally unadapted to the problems of aviation. Trouble is, moose are very dim. Once they get an idea in their heads, there's no shifting it.

That explains all the deer in my back yard and not my neighbors. After they get their buzz the get the munchies and eat everything in my garden.

That old tree is coming down!