Moosilauke Sunday - Ravine Lodge Road status?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Moosilauke Sunday 1/7/2007 - Ravine Lodge Road status?

We’re planning to hike Mount Moosilauke on Sunday. The weather forecast shows this to be the best day of the weekend but also shows a persistent northwest wind in the area. :eek: Consequently, it may be better to hike from Ravine Lodge via Gorge Brook. ;)

Does anybody know if the Ravine Lodge Road (FR 754) is still open? Or, does anybody know of a contact I can call at the Dartmouth Outing Club for a status report? :confused: I've checked the FS Road Status but they include disclaimers to the accuracy of their report and unfortunately do not include contact information for the DOC. :(

Also, if there’s interest in joining the hike either PM or post to this thread and we’ll work out the details.

Thanks,
Earl

Last edited:
Thanks, MichaelJ.

As it stands right now it looks like we'll head for Waumbek on Sunday instead. I'll confirm the change later today.

Earl

The gate was open again on Dec. 29 when I drove in, over a dozen cars had made it although after seeing it was a little snow over solid ice I would not try it again.

FS gate status showed it open yesterday.

Moosilauke Cancelled

Change of plans..... :eek:

Moosilauke is out for this weekend. We're headed for Waumbek. I'll post it separately. :)

Earl