Moosilauke (Thu 2/17) with Dr. Wu and Dalraida

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_wu002

Reaction score
Hola Weekday Hikers --> Come hike the Moose with Tom (Dalraida) and Dr. Wu on Thursday, February 17.

We're spotting a car and going up Glencliff Trail and down the Carriage Road. Meet us at the Glencliff at 7:30AM for the car spot if you're interested. Weather should be partly cloudy, seasonably cold.

Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Dr. Wu

Last edited:
Hey Wu,

I'd love to go but I promised my brother I'd go up Moosilauke this Sun. Set that date way back in early Jan. Say hello to Tom for me. We'll have to go again sometime.

Tom

Wu,

Somehow I was expecting this response! :) It's just you! That's a good thing!
Anyway, I was out Sat. (Bushwhack attempt on Isolation, what a day!) & a nice visit to the Bluff in the Great Gulf on Sun. (a favorite spot of mine). If I go with you Thur., the Fam. may rebel! Everytime they see me touch a piece of gear, I hear: "your going again!". :) :D :cool: ;) and then some.
You would have loved Sat. I never broke trail that deep before. I was with some awsome company too. The Bushwhack was ??? lost for words. Had to be pulled out of my second spruce trap. We reached a real pretty spot NE of Davis. You & Tom should complete it to Isolation. I really should write a Trip Report.
We must hike again!

Tom

Hiking with Swiss Bob

Dr_wu, and I intend to hike up the Glen Cliff trail, visit both summits, and ride down the Carriage Road on our new Swiss Bobs. They are now 50% off at certain outdoor recreation stores.

We will position my 4WD Grey Ghost at Breezy Point (end of Carriage Rd) to shuttle back to Glencliff.

We will be at Glencliff around 7:30 AM on thursday.

Come on folks, winter is waning.

"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough" :p

Coming down off of Liberty this past Saturday a group of guys were using these sleds...and they were having a blast! I wish I would join you but I gotta work on Thursday. Have Fun!

We use to ride down on plastic sleds back when the trail closely approximated a luge run. Now, IMO, skis are much more fun, but then I always think that skis are much more fun. There are large sections of the trail where the Swiss Bobs won't allow you to carry enough speed. Near the bottom of the trail you'll be hiking out the last mile or two.

-dave-

Help us break trail!

Anyone else up for Moosilauke tomorrow?

Look at how sorry we look in my Avatar over there. We can't break trail all day all by ourselves! Hike the Moose with us!

Regards,

Dr. Wu