More special thanks from the "birthday boy"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
What can I say? Thank you everyone for the card, gift, cakes and companionship on my birthday. It was truly a surprise. My words can't begin to express what I felt at that moment. You, my VFTT family, made me feel 30 years younger. If only you'd done that before the Madison hike. Saturday was the party, Sunday driving home was the emotional reflection. I realized how lucky we all are to have this bond. I am honored to be a small part of it.

Thanks to all who weren't able to make the Gathering but sent their best wishes by PM and email.

I'll join with everyone else in giving special thanks for SherpaK's organization, ADK4487's tent, Shizzmac's grills and burgers and everyone else who contributed their parts to make this another memorable weekend.

I'll be posting information for G 8.0 as it is collected. Gold Brook Campground in Stowe, VT, September 15-18, tentatively for now until arrangements are worked out with the campground.

teejay

Last edited:
TJ,
Happy Belated Birthday - I had to leave early and didn't get a chance to wish you well - It was nice to meet you (as well as all the other fine VFTT folks.)

Ditto's on thanking SherpKroto, ADK 4487 and Shhzmac for what they did - My eyes glazed over when I first walked into the warmup tent- It was like being in a Marriott Food Service Building - with the exception that the Marriott stays put in great gusts!!!!!!

This was my first gathering and though I very much wish I could have stayed, sometimes..... Anyways, I am looking forward to 8.0 and meeting all the folks I missed on Saturday night.
Cheers
Rick

BTW, Whomever brought those homemade peanut butter chocolatey round things -MMMMMMMmmmmmmhhhhhh!!! Smooches to you - They were awesome with an occasional mouthful of the Doc.

Happy birthday TeeJay.. I thought that was your mug in one of the photos I saw from the Gathering. That must of been one helluva party! :) Hope to see you at the Escarpment hike this year. Bring the Taj Mahal, just in case it rains, we just can just shelter the trail from end to end. ;)

Jay

Audrey, I missed you two, too.

Ed, an annual event? The Gathering or my birthday?

Jay, that was my mug in one of the pictures, my new official VFTT coffee press and mug. I was expecting a peebottle. Guess it'll work for that, too.

teejay

Damn You People

You had to go and have a great time while I was away in Florida and coundn't make it, didn't you? I really got to try harder to make G 8.0 . Anyway, glad you all had a ball and happy birthday to you teejay.

Green with envy
Mavs and family

Teejay - it was great to have been there to celebrate your birthday. Congrats and I hope many more to come out in the mountains!