Morton's Neuroma Study

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topshot

Reaction score
I live at the foot of Speckled Mtn in the WMNF in
Hey. A few days ago I saw one of those annoying little pop-up ads on my computer. It was recruiting people who suffer from Morton's neuroma for a study. It's legit- and being held at various podiatrists' office locations throughout the US. They actually pay $440 if you complete the study (but you get renumeration throughout). So here's what they do: they are injecting capsaicin into the problem area of the foot (but they first numb the foot with lidocaine). Yep - the same ingredient as hot red pepper. Apparently they've found it to be very effective for pain and inflammation, so they're doing trials in order to get FDA approval. The only downside I could see is that I could end up getting shots that are a placebo. But meanwhile you get a free physical (blood work, EKG, sonogram of neuroma, etc.) and follow-up. AND, most important, if you find out at the end that you were the group that got the placebo, you can get the capsaicin when the study is over, for free. So I figure it's a win-win. I will let you know if I get any relief! Here's hoping.