Mount Shasta

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADK4Life

Reaction score
Montreal, Quebec Avatar : Minarets From Mammoth S
This should not even count as a trip report but feel the need to post it.

Woke up early and drove to the Bunny Flat trailhead. Packed up all gear an started hike to Sierra Camp for first night approaching via Avalanche Gulch route.

Started up Bunny Flat. After 1/2 mile on flat trail my feet started to rub and hurt in many places. I had made the mistake of bringing boots (Sportiva Trango) that I had not broken in. The heel lift had already created a blister and it was getting worse. The Trangos were the only boots I had brought for snow travel, also brought along TNF Trailrunners and Dunham Waffle Stompers. Made the decision to go back down and not risk of damaging my feet for the real reason I took this trip (High Sierra). With a bursted ego I made my way back to the car and started the trip to the 395 south. I felt very glad to have climbed Lassen the day before, at least I bagged one of the Cascade volcanoes on my list. Shasta would have to wait until next year.