Mt. Shaw

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierra

Reaction score
I wanted to hike on Sunday, but had no desire to join the leaf peeping madness in the Whites. Decided to hit one of our home ranges the Ossipees. Turns out, we needed Shaw for our 4th round of the 52wav list as well. I took the route from the Castle grounds and I never tire of the tote roads and the High ridge trail. It was a glorious day, yellows everywhere, surprisingly a lot of leaves on the valley floor. Saw only 5 people all day. My dog hurt his leg just coming off the summit. I couldn't find an issue and was about to get out his rescue harness. I coached him a bit and asked for he would try to hike down a bit. He made it the whole 4 miles, even picking up the pace with a mile to go. Physical fitness in humans and dogs is a valuable asset, my dog hikes every week and walks 40+ miles at home per week, tough little SOB.

Attachments

• 20241006_105656.jpg
    20241006_105656.jpg
    109.2 KB
I wanted to hike on Sunday, but had no desire to join the leaf peeping madness in the Whites. Decided to hit one of our home ranges the Ossipees. Turns out, we needed Shaw for our 4th round of the 52wav list as well. I took the route from the Castle grounds and I never tire of the tote roads and the High ridge trail. It was a glorious day, yellows everywhere, surprisingly a lot of leaves on the valley floor. Saw only 5 people all day. My dog hurt his leg just coming off the summit. I couldn't find an issue and was about to get out his rescue harness. I coached him a bit and asked for he would try to hike down a bit. He made it the whole 4 miles, even picking up the pace with a mile to go. Physical fitness in humans and dogs is a valuable asset, my dog hikes every week and walks 40+ miles at home per week, tough little SOB.

Sierra, if you want to continue to enjoy the solitude and peacefulness of the Ossipees, I would respectfully recommend that you cease all trip reports to that area...:)