Never again!.......?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Last Trail I ever want to do again is he Helon-Taylor trail down Pamola Peak on Katahdin. After Hiking to Hamlin, Baxter, and Pamola, that trail seemed to spiral down forever, and it does not finish at the parking lot.
WSC

The winter road to the Sewards

Each time I hike that long road out I bid it farwell hoping to never to return. This year, due to low snow totals, the road was open! What a joy it was bombing down that road at a scary 30 mph.

The kids never wanted to do the Wilderness Trail again....they hated how long and straight it was...but they were young.....and we have since done it again and they didn't care.
Beth's new one is "Couch" although I told her she will probably do it again and not mind....she just had a bad day on that peak.

I'm with the Sikes kids...I thought the Wilderness Trail would never end.
I just went on and on and on. I think I'll bring a bike next time I plan
to do it.

I've already said never again a couple time to this trail but...

I said "never again", again this weekend on the Lincoln Woods/Wilderness Tr, tired coming back from the Bonds. It's my arch nemesis. :)

mtnmama, you can only bike the Lincoln Woods part until Franconia Brook. Then it's the wilderness boundary where the actual "Wilderness Tr." starts, no bikes allowed. So it's half a solution I guess, but I'm with ya!! :D

I think someone in my group said they wished there was a people mover on the Lincoln Woods Tr. like in the airports!! ha :eek:

Thanks for that info TDwag...I to had a fully loaded pack coming
back from the Bonds...the Wilderness Trail was just endless.

mtnmama said:
I'm with the Sikes kids...I thought the Wilderness Trail would never end.
I just went on and on and on. I think I'll bring a bike next time I plan
to do it.
Have tried doing it with a bike. By the time you get done stashing your bike, finding it again, etc, and then the slow pace it takes due to all the RR ties ... it took about the same time as hiking it. I did it one summer with a couple of friends - as I was fiddling with my bike, they started hiking. I caught them each time just before they reached the bridges.

I find the best time to do the Wilderness trail is at night with a headlamp. And, even when you're tired, it never takes more than an hour.