Newbie looking for NH 4ker recommendations for Presidents Day weekend.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping to get out this weekend and bag #2 of my 48 list. I've been trying to get out now for a month, but something always came up.

I went on the Pierce hike at the 7.5 gathering without much difficulty, so other than that, I'm REALLY open to suggestions.

Looking for a NH 4Ker of similar difficulty with views. Given my lack of experience in winter, I'm ideally looking for a trail that is likely to be fairly well traveled and reasonably packed. I can hide from the crowds in more forgiving weather.

I'd be going Saturday or Monday morning from the Boston area, returning that night. If you'd like to come along, and are on the way - I don't mind driving.

See Sherpa John's posting on the trip Sat to bag Tom, Field, Willey.

Geri and I will be hiking Sun and Mon as well in the same general area. Bob K is driving the planning for Sunday. Mon will be based on weather and what we do on Sun. Jackson is one of the possibilities. All hikes are in teh same distance range.

Mission Complete

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the advice. I suspect I'll be jumping on Tom/Field/Willey bandwagon this Saturday.

Sli - Thanks for the tip on Jackson. I'll be sure to check that one out this winter. (I'm holding off on the more challenging peaks until I get some winter skill confidence, or until I can bareboot 'em in spring)