nice NBC segment on spring water in Yosemite

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have plans to go this spring/summer, mentally prepare for the crowds.

I was fortunate to experience light crowds on 5/18-5/19. Big snow year with lots of water.
BTW - Half Dome permits have been bought up for the entire year by scalpers. I didn't need one as the cables weren't up yet.

110519-001.jpg

...BTW - Half Dome permits have been bought up for the entire year by scalpers...

Just when I think a certain segment of the population can't get any more scummy, someone always lowers the bar.

Chip, thanks for posting the video link. That's catnip for me. I'm one of those people (there are lots of us, we're just not vocal about it) who can stand there and stare at moving water for an insanely long time.

I agree.

This permit system was implemented as a short term stop gap method to try and mitigate safety issues surrounding the massive crowds hiking half dome. It is my understanding the NPS will have a permanent system in place for the 2012 season. I'm sure they will take steps to make sure this doesn't happen again. I wouldn't be surprised if they implement something to correct this situation for this season.