North Face Denali

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowcat

Reaction score
North Face Denali - mmmm better deal....

I was breaking my own rule when i first posted this: i was drawn in by this jacket but i stopped & looked at in on the way home & i'm not so "excited" anymore. it is a good jacket but i am such a num-nuts some times! i mean i totally forgot about the jacket i got a friend as a gift recently. i just thought they would be all gone by now but it's not. Sierra Trading has this jacket for men and wome and it is just as good as the Denali and A LOT LESS - i got it in the red and it was really nice; http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.38157/dept_id.L2~195/qx/product.htm
they have it in 300 wgt and 200 wgt fleece and it it's basically just like the denali but for $70 and $50 respectively.
so my original post in regards to the denali: i suppose it still holds but i always like to get you guys led to some great deals and the stp jacket is a much better deal. you don't mind me passing this info along once in awhile do ya?
"original post"
I've always loved this jacket but it is a bit expensive so lately i've been watching the web for sales & thought i'd pass some of my findings along; especially with christmas coming up! (hint hint) First, ebay for those who like that route has had them up for bids and selling for around $90 & up plus shipping; you can also usually buy out right for about $139. However, i just found a site: www.getzs.com which has the 2004 (men's/women's) on sale for $135 and last yrs for $125; free shipping and no tax. i thought that was a pretty good price considering they retail for $165 plus either shipping or tax. also this getzs store is actually back in my home town; marquette, mi and has been there for eons; family owned and it's great to see they are still hanging in there! just thought i'd pass this info along - it is a great jacket and it's time to gear up for the winter! :p

Last edited:
here is something that also puts TNF to shame...I think

im all over this one! BTW, I LOVE sierra trading post.

Down Jacket, as compared to the Nuptse

Now I compared fills and the Nuptse has a slightly higher fill amount, but i think that the 100+ dollar saving is worth it. Anyone else have any experience with both jackets, or just the SD one?

Last edited:
I just got the ems summit 300 wt fleece for 100 on sale. It has the thrmal pro 300 wt fleece and it seems better made than the Denali. My denali is now for sale :D I think TNF is totally whacky in their pricing, but most folks buy it for the name anyway.

denali - mucho denaro (or however you spell that(

ebay is selling denali's like crazy - by the time they reach the high bid plus shipping you are paying at least 140! you know these are now the new jacket to have whether or not you've seen the top of a mountain! i also saw the ems jacket -- not bad at all. but ck out that one on sierra. the 300 wgt is only $70-$80 and has all the same features as the denali. the patches on the chest don't show up well in the picture but they are there. it's darn nice for 1/2 the price.