Not to important!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prino

Reaction score
After taking 22 years to bag 26 of the 4,000 ft peaks in the Daks, I think you could safely say that peakbagging is not a priority of mine. I hope to make #46 before I hit my 70th birthday though :)

Prino - you're not alone

I also started 23 years ago and am down to 1 peak left!!!!!

About 30 of the 46 have been in the past 2 years, however.

:D

I agree, it's not important, the mountains don't care whether we bag them or not. What matters most is what you get from the journey.

I generally climb anything that looks interesting to me. I've climbed the 4k lists in NH and Maine, still wonder why I did Mt. Redington. It took me many years to "finish" NH as I kept reclimbing my favorites on nice days instead of going for the view less peaks. I remember finishing the NH 48 list on Middle Carter on an overcast day, talk about an anti climax. Was thinking of doing the 100 highest and probably will eventually but won't put much energy or focus into it at this point.

4K lists don't mean much to me anymore, would rather just explore in general - find out about some interesting features and go for them. These could be views, ponds, waterfalls, wildlife, caves, rock scrambles, etc. - lots of good reasons to spend time in the woods. I'm working on the Catskill 3500 a bit at a time with a friend up there, once again I repeat mountains and go for a lot of other hikes off the list. A lot of the off the list stuff tends to be very interesting. One thing I like doing is climbing favorite peaks from different directions, getting a feel for the woods around them. I would be interested in red lining trails in different areas as well, doing all of the trails in the Catskills or Baxter for instance.

By the way, is anyone up for Carrigain Pond and the Captain soon? I'll probably post this question in it's own thread.

Last edited:
Dead Fred, Garen, & I are planning to attempt Allen on July 17th. If successful all 3 of us will reach #46 that day!

KZ

:rolleyes:

Nice mountain to finish on. I was going to try and make it, but I'll still be in Maine. Enjoy the hike.