NYT article on noise in parks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice to see some of that done and making a difference. Especially generators, from my perspective, but I'm sure my brother would disagree.

You can't please everyone & appareantly you can almost always p!$$ off someone.

Some generator free campgrounds, seems okay (isn't that backpacking) Does that mean I can run my battery operated boom box? (Dating myself)

Bike noise bad - Bike noise keeps bikers from getting run over by inattentive drivers, if you ride, bike noise good or at least may be seen as a necessary evil.

Do they brew coffee 24/7? How far does that permeate? Should I smell pine & fir 10 feet from the ranger station? (Shouldn't I have to work more for that forest smell?)

How many planes are too many over the GC? Maybe only allowed at certain times? How do you put that genie back in the bottle?

Flights are tourism jobs? (highly specialized ones I hope, although I thought I read something recently that had hair shampooer's requiring more classroom training than people getting pilot licenses. Maybe a GC hair salon so you can look your best at one of America's best wonders?:D)

I suppose it's better than Muir Woods, no one goes there, let's log it. (we should be able to responsibly log other forests & honestly, don't we have a subtitute to a redwood picnic table?