opinions on purchasing used gear

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
Saw used MH sub zero parka for $150 and used Koflach degree's for $125..thinking of buying.. opinions appreciated..thx

Do you have an opportunity to check them out? It's tough to evaluate their condition in an on-line sale...

I sent an e mail asking about their return policy, the place is called summithaus,, going to call tonight, but, after reading the winter protocal i'm having second thoughts. guess i scare easily.

I just ordered used sub zero parka and koflach degrees..30 day return policy,,, total cost $255.. gonna cost me another diamond ring for Mrs. Coldfeet and real soon!

Bentgate.com has last years model Koflach boots, new, on sale for 159.00. I just got mine in the mail last week. I guess they're blowing out the older model to make room for this years newly revised model. Shipping is only 2.99.

Nadine,

Checked out that site, no more left overs that i could find.. thx..i have a 30 day return policy.. i'm almost complete with winter gear, now if i could only get rid of this cold that i caught today in school! I teach app 500 k-2 students and everything is floating around in school!

I just received my used Koflach Degres and Grivel G-10 crampons AND new OR HD Crocs and mountaineering socks--all for $245 including shipping--from Summithaus. Boots and crampons are in good condition and arrived accompanied by a handwritten note from the guy I spoke with over the phone when ordering. Money back gaurantee if not satisfied....I'm quite satisfied, now where the heck is the snow? What do you think Kevin, will I still be wearing my leathers up Moosilauke this weekend? :cool:

Hello Jade,

I just spoke to Jeremy at the same place.. thought he was very helpful.. did you get the boots 1 size larger? He suggested that i do. thx.. can't wait to see them, hope there not to beat up.. they advertised the crampons needed sharpening, is that true?

Ditto the high marks on Summit Haus.

I bought one of the Mtn Hardware Backcounty Recon jackets online on a thursday, specified two-day air, and they called me just to be sure I wanted air shipping because of the weekend.

ColdFeet....
The sizing on Koflach boots is strange.......supposedly they do not make half sizes but mine are marked in magic marker as a half size. I did get a size larger than my typical boot not so much for added room but the way that they are sized by the manufacturer. Plastic boots don't 'stretch' as a leather boot does but the 'bootie' compresses during wear making them roomier after use. If the boot is just a bit big, try an insert which will take up the slack--I find that that works better than a fluffier pair of socks............I separated the booties from the boots, stuck a drier sheet in each and put them out on the back porch for airing! :eek:

Thanks, Kevin.....see you Sunday....
....Jade