Overboots/supergaitors?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiny Norman

Reaction score
Who uses them? Where? When? Why? And how are they working out for you? Thanks.

Supergaiters

"who uses them?" I sometimes use them
Where? Wherever the mood stikes
When? Usually after a good bottle of wine
Why? They look great with leather & 4" stilletos
And how are they working out for you? mmmmmmm I'd say pretty darn good !

:D

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

i just picked up a pair of 40below K2 overboots for a trip to denali in the spring. unless you're climbing in arctic conditions or doing high altitude mountaineering you don't need overboots.

super gaitors don't really add warmth they mearly cover the whole boot if i'm not mistaken.

Western skiers seldom use gaiters

I have skied with a dozen or so backcountry skiers in the deep snows of British Colombia for the past three years. No one uses them there. People favor elastized pant cuffs to fit over boots.

Internal Gators on pants

I prefer the internal gators on ski pants. They are designed for ski boots but a great modification is to place two grommets in the gripper elastic band and run a small bungie between the two grommets so it rests in the notch for the heel of your boot. This will keep them from riding up if you are trudging through deep snow. I don't like gators because I can't easily get to the laces on my boots with them on and they are just a general pain in the A#@% to put on and take off.

over-boots

I enjoy the warmth of over boots when shoveling the driveway or walking on flat ground, but the ones I own would not be very good for going up hill in snow pack conditions. There is no possible way to use campons with them either. I do have to admit that I have not yet tried using them in the backcountry, but that is for good reason... I have common sense.