Owl's Head - Saturday, 12/17/2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Sue and I are planning to hike Owl’s Head this Saturday (12/17/2011). We’re not planning anything silly, just a round trip from Lincoln Woods.

Anybody want to join the fun?

We hike a moderate pace, which is around book time or a little more.

If you’re interested in joining the fun or have any questions, please respond to this thread or by PM.

:)

Hey Earl, I'm looking for something to hike on Saturday. What time are you starting? I assume since it gets dark at 3pm this time of year that you are planning on being in the dark at some point during the hike :)

Hey Earl, I'm looking for something to hike on Saturday. What time are you starting? I assume since it gets dark at 3pm this time of year that you are planning on being in the dark at some point during the hike :)

We are planning to reach Lincoln Woods a little after 6:30am for an on-trail target of ~7:00am.

Yes, we're expecting to walk out in the dark, which is common at this time of year - at least for us it's common.

Short days only mean more headlight time.

;)

Jacobh you should go hiking with Earl and Sue is lots of fun. I wont be joining this weekend Earl my grandmothers 80th bday is sunday(In your neck of the woods) Have fun on Waumbek and Owlshead.

See you in the morning.

Hey Rick - That's great!

Based on the current forecast (light northwest - north wind, low cloud cover, and moderate temperatures), we should have an ideal day for the hike. With Owl's Head below Franconia Ridge and Garfield Ridge in elevation there should be very little wind coming through and lots of sun.

It should be a very nice day. Looking forward to seeing you again.

;)

I wish I could do the entire hike, but have a prior commitment. The BP whack should be fun.

Hi Earl - I saw this message too late but would have joined you otherwise. What do you have brewing for 12/23 and/or 12/24?