Pencil Drive

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
Everytime I go to sign in a trailhead, either the pen is out of ink or the pencil is one inch long and rounded end. Try putting your 10 digit phone number in trying to write with something close to a crayon.:( I am going to donate a new number 2 pencil with a 10 cent pencil sharpener every time I hike from now on. That will be my donation to the world.:)

How about leaving some kewl green-and-white VFTT pencils at the trail registers? ;)

"Oh, Darren..."
Good idea. Perhaps with some VFTT notebooks which are small enough to fit into summit canisters along with a VFTT pencil. :cool:

The only problem with all of this is that they would disappear from canisters and trail registers. :eek::D

Everytime I go to sign in a trailhead, either the pen is out of ink or the pencil is one inch long and rounded end. Try putting your 10 digit phone number in trying to write with something close to a crayon.:( I am going to donate a new number 2 pencil with a 10 cent pencil sharpener every time I hike from now on. That will be my donation to the world.:)

I tried to put sharpeners into a bunch of the Adirondack trail registers, they were gone within 2 months when I checked back again. I don't know if people were stealing the crappy sharpeners, dropping them accidentally and then not picking them up, or some viewed it as "litter". I'm all for continuing to try.