Pictures of springtime in the mountains

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love Winter, but can't wait for spring now...

Here's some shots from last year...

Pinkham Notch:
IMG_3917rawe-vi.jpg

Crystal Cascade:
IMG_3899rawe-vi.jpg

Lady Slipper:
IMG_3847rawe-vi.jpg

Tri Trilliums:
IMG_3856rawe-vi.jpg

Glen Ellis Falls:
IMG_3933rawe-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing pictures..I wish I had a picture site I could get them on here with...

forestgnome said:
My spring fever has me going through pics from springs past...

bear cub on an ancient white pine
springcub-3a.jpg

young cow
6-04-06-003-copy.jpg

adult bull sprouting new antlers
spring5-26-06-012.jpg

Happy Trails

Forestgnome,

Your wildlife shots continue to impress me, as you seem to have tremedous ability to find animals to put in your frames, in addition to composing the scenes well.

I think I will begin stalking you stalking wildlife this spring to increase my chances!

Some nice shots so far. Just a heads up to some of you that might not know, there is a photo forum on this site. You have to join it to see it though. Details in this thread.

I still can't get outside with my camera, but here are some old shots from spring.

Spring to me is lupine in Sugar Hill:

IMG_6817-sm.jpg

IMG_6840-sm.jpg

Jim, here is another lady slipper for you. This one is white, which I haven't seen too many of.

IMG_6869-sm.jpg

Of course in spring you don't have to go very far to get nice shots. These are from the flower bed right under my kitchen window.

IMG_6913-sm.jpg

crocus-sm.jpg

bee-hello-sm.jpg

And what is spring without a purple trillium?

purple_tril.jpg

- darren

darren said:
Some nice shots so far. Just a heads up to some of you that might not know, there is a photo forum on this site. You have to join it to see it though. Details in this thread.

I still can't get outside with my camera, but here are some old shots from spring.

Jim, here is another lady slipper for you. This one is white, which I haven't seen too many of.

IMG_6869-sm.jpg

And what is spring without a purple trillium?

purple_tril.jpg

- darren

Beautiful shots all around, but that is a killer shot of a white ladyslipper, and a very neat trillium shot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose says:

The male moose will drop its antlers after mating season in order to conserve energy for the winter season. It will then regrow them in the spring. The antlers take about three to five months to grow. This makes their antlers one of the fastest growing organs in the world. The antlers initially have a layer of skin, which will shed off once fully grown.

Tim

w7xman said:
Forestgnome, I think I will begin stalking you stalking wildlife this spring to increase my chances!

LOL! Thanks! Love the "Pinkham Notch" picture.

Darren, nice images, awesome technicals. I need to get to that level with wildflowers this season.

Keep 'em coming, everyone.

Happy Trails

Not in the mountains... in my back yard, or rather just outside under the power lines behind my back yard. I was eating breakfast this morning and the movement caught my eye. There were eight does. I snapped two pictures and they spooked up the hill about 50 yards and resumed browsing.

Last edited:

Latest posts