Prevent skins from becoming dirt magnet?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I just cut my skins, but until I get an answer, I guess they will be staying on the skis....

I cut the skins wall to wall, leaving the metal edge of the skis uncovered. The problem is that the skis are parabolic with a hefty sidecut. So the skins are parabolic too...

How do I fold the skins back into the bag without the uncovered adhesive (due to the parabolic shape) becoming a dirt/lint magnet???

I store my skins by re-attaching the plastic strip that came with them. I just place the sticky side of them back onto the plastic and roll them up. The plastic is textured so that only some of the surface area of the skin adhesive touches it. It keeps them nice and clean.
ecc

My yankee approach has been to use wax paper. You don't even need to cut it too closely to your edges.

Parabollically speaking (as opposed to diametrically)

Seriously, If they are parabolic and your skis are a matched set, then the skins should mirror each other - I stick my skins to one another - glue side to glue side, roll the whole pack up and stick them under my jacket if outside or store them in nylon sack.
It's tough pulling them apart at time, but it is the easiest, most foolproof method I know of.

I just fold them in half, the tips are a pretty close match to the tails so there isn't much glue exposed. I leave them like that in the bag, no problems yet.

-dave-