Reaching Your Own Base Camp

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffalo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I thought you may have some interest in this week's post on our blog, as it details our attempt at Everest Base Camp and includes some pics I thought you might all enjoy! You can check out the blog, or the full picture albums at the links below.
In writing about our journey, Meena and I spent a lot of time considering just what our trip meant to us, physically sure, but we all know that setting out on these journeys is about a lot more than hiking from point A to point B.
Reaching Base Camp and climbing Kala was an emotional experience as well, an adventure that changed our lives in ways we're still trying to figure out.
So I was wondering, what are some our your own "Base Camp" trips and adventures (in the outdoors or not) that were turning points in your lives?

Here's my Rock Star pic against the amazing Nupste.
0_0_26252a0073e7bc5825c516506cd3153f_1

Hi Mohamed,
Links are on the tag under the picture. Should have been more clear on that, sorry!

I loved reading this. From the perspective, it is not the "typical" story at all.

Thanks Dave, didn't even realize you could shut signature tags off!

Michael - Thanks for posting my links!

Raven / Erugs - Thanks for the encouragement, glad you're enjoying!

"I work hard to be in the moment, to attain some level of mindfulness as Buddhists would say.There is no yesterday, there is no today. There is now. And right now, we move silently through the swirling snowflakes, watching our time, watching our steps and trying to watch the giant mountains all around us."

INTENSE! THIS IS FANTASTIC. YOUR REPORT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES. CAN'T WAIT TO SIT AND READ YOUR ENTIRE BLOG.
EVER ONWARD AND UPWARD.
LOVE THE NUPSTE PIC!

Hi Maddy, thank you so much! Happy you're enjoying!

Hi Dan,

Certainly nothing I haven't said to you before while following your blog...but incredible pictures! I've had such a great time following your journey for the last year. Thanks for sharing it with us! I hope we get to hike together in the Whites sometime in 2011!

Karl

Dan, you're a fantastic writer. I've enjoyed reading your blog and I look forward to more of your posts. Excellent photographs, too. Simply amazing.

What wonderful lives you and Meena lead!

Karl and Trish - Thank you both for the kind words. It means a lot coming from the two of you as you are both excellent writers as well!
And Karl, just name the day, let's get out there! Why wait for summer :)