Recommendation on insoles

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percious

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my insoles. I remember someone recommending a brand, but I cant find the thread... They were red, that is all I remember. Anyway... Does anyone have recommendation for a good insole. I have jell ones right now, and I love them. Too bad EMS doesnt carry them any more... This always happens to me.

-percious

insole recommendations

go to this web site: footsmart
http://www.footsmart.com/ProductLis...nserts&gtse=goog&gtkw=shoe+inserts&src=FSpaid

on this opening page are several inserts. i have the silicone ones for 39.95 which have the metatarsal support because i have ball of foot pain. (i love them!)
if you don't have any real foot problems and just want a better insole there are several others such as the shock doctor one on sale for 14.95, the super sport for 19.95 or the orthofoot gel for 36.95.
a lot of folks recommend super feet insoles but i have them and i like any of the above much better. i especially prefer a gel insert.

i also have a pair that you heat in the oven (brand: "sole"), then insert in your boot while warm and stand on them. they are supposed to conform to your foot by doing this. altho i'm not so sure they conformed that well to my foot, they are certainly very comfortable, here's one link to them but you can also check the manufacturer's site directly:
http://reserveamerica.altrec.com/shop/detail/13484/0

the gel ones are especially nice because it's easy to take them out and wash them off after a hike since you do get some dirt etc in your boots regardless.
but honestly in my opinion and i've tried a lot of brands, i did not care for superfeet that much, highly over-rated!

Ok Shadowcat, with shipping I am looking at almost 50$ for these insoles. Tell me they are magic and that I will "forget" about my feet while hiking. This is a bitter pill to swallow but if it helps, then I am going to get it. Thanks

jasonst

i sent you a pm but those "sole" heatables are expensive. i actually wear my gels from "footsmart" all the time and they were less money. refer to my original post. did you also ck percious link where they were $28? i can't believe they'd then charge $22 for shipping! let me know if i can help you find them for a better price

Shadowcat, do you think they would work well with downhill ski boots? I have been looking at options for my boots and this is the least expensive I have seen so far.

bobmak

i'm not sure which insoles you are referring to. but i think any of them would make any type of shoe/boot more comfortable. my only advice would be to make sure the insole in the boot/shoe you have can come out because you probably will not be able to have both in at once; unless like a ski boot where you may have more room than say a hiking boot. the "sole" heatables can be reheated a couple times to reshape and if i remember they do have a guarantee also. i also like the gels so i'm stuck on recommending one over the other, especially since i have problem feet anyway and even with the insoles i have to wear a metatarsal pad (a little pad that goes under the arch of my foot that helps take pressure off the ball of the foot)