REI Chyrsalis UL Tent

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know anything about the tent, but we may have crossed paths in the store... I was there 2-3 and there was someone who looked vaguely familiar looking at tents with the help of salesman Paul.

I was the one who asked Paul a quick question about whether a particular headlamp was being discontinued.

Doug

Mike, yesterday I picked up the REI Chrysalis and the Mountain Hardwear Medidian 1. Of the two, the Chrysalis is less bad...how's that for a ringing endorsement?!?!

Meridian isn't even wide enough for my shoulders; when I'm lying on my back, my shoulders are jammed up by the side-walls of the tent. And the foot end of the tent requires stake-out to maintain floor space.

Chrysalis is wide enough, but it's too short. My head and feet were touching each end. Also, not enough mesh.

I'll be returning both tents.

Bottom line, for people taller than 5'11" and/or bigger than 180 lbs., don't bother with either of these tents.

BTW, a few months ago I tried the MSR Hubba 1 (I think that's the name), and it wasn't wide enough for my shoulders.