Seymour, ADK's

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
Seymour, ADK's, 07/15

I'm planning to do Seymour on this Friday, the 15. I think I got this date right. Anyway, I'll head in later in the PM on Thursday to snag Blueberry or Ward Brook LT, climb Friday and pack out. Assuming everything goes as planned, I should be at the herd path start 7:00 or 7:30 AM.

Hopefully the weather will cool a bit between now and then and stay dry.

Anyone is welcome to join me.

teejay

Last edited:
Should be excellent. I'm just back from Haystack. Seymour is a GREAT peak -- it really surprised me - great views in many directions, but you have to work a just a little to find them. Good view of Long Lake and a nice pan of the rest of the Seward Range. Enjoy it.

I'm looking at July 30/31 or Aug 1/2nd to be up doing Santanoni's if you're looking for torture.

Oh No!! This is starting to sound like FUN! That's an oxymoron for you - fun in the Sant's

I'm thinking that the best part of this deal could be that you find out just how much fun it is to hike with me and you'll not want to miss #46 on Marshall in September... that would be the 24th and... you know... beer.. you carry!!

I heard from TJ and he said to go ahead and make plans for S/P/C and he'd be there -- his preference was an overnight. Any more and this may qualify for a party. :cool:

Survived

Yes, harryk, it is very safe to say I survived Seymour. And summitted, but not Seymour. Too hot, too heavy, very humbling. Next time. End of story.

I don't know about anyone else, but this heat beats the cr*p out of me.

teejay