Seymour ???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
Is it that someone has recent informations on Seymour, as the trail conditions, details, etc?
This will be our next destination and I'd like to have a few details. :)

Yvon, I can't give you much details but the group that stayed at the same lean-to than us saturday reported a lot of snow. They didn't do Seymour but the Sewards from Ward Brook and came back totally wet. We did East Seymour on Saturday and saw a few patches here and there, but again the elevation is only 3415'.

Yvon, looking at Seymour most of Saturday (from the friendly slopes of Sawtooth 4) we only noticed some snow on the upper reaches of Seward. Therefore within a week or so as the nights are gettiong warmer, you should have no problem with the snow but the blackflies will likely be joining you for the ride...

Allen: As of Friday May 23, bridge over the Opalescent to Allen was still out of order but Opalescent River level is as low as it usually is in August, crossing safely sholuldn't be a problem even though you may have to remove your boots to keep them dry.

Last edited:
Thank you, Christine and Jean-Sebastien, for the informations on Seymour conditions. We want to go there Annie and me only, but I guess we can not go there without the blackflies.
I guess no snowshoes is needed?
And thank you Christine, for updating the situation on the bridge to Allen.

NO snowshoes for sure. Actually the Blueberry/Ward Brook Trail is exceptionnaly dry and a very pretty walk this spring.

Yes, it was my second and very last visit to Number 4. It looked as we were the first ones there this year. No summit sign on S4 summit, only the metal straps that used to hold the canister. It was again a tedious ascent but coming down we were back at the property line in 65 minutes, should have gone up that way but wanted to visit the mountain a bit more... Up and down we traversed a beautiful 2/3 cedars and 1/3 hemlocks very old forest with huge trees among which the footing was horrendous, all moss and huge boulders. And again taking a wrong turn to the right instead of the left we ended up on a ledge, at the 3250' altitude, with a magnificent view well garded by a wall of stunted trees!

Next week back to Easy Number 5 for my friend last of the 100!

Last edited: