Southern Presidentials (Eisenhower, Pierce, Jackson), 3/8/2014

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Hike: Southern Presidentials (Eisenhower, Pierce and Jackson)

Date: Saturday - 3/8/2014

The latest forecast for Saturday at the upper elevations (~4400 feet) looks very good; partly sunny, temperature of ~30 degrees, 10-15% POP, and NW winds in mid 20’s mph. Really nice!

It’ll be the Southern Presidentials on Saturday (Eisenhower, Pierce, and Jackson). The hike is 11.5 miles and 3600 feet, book time 7hr 35min but it’s good to allow extra so we’ll plan on a hike time of 9 hours.

We'll have a moderate pace for the day, book time or a little more. If you're looking for a fast-paced hike this isn't for you.

On-trail target of 7:30am gets us out ~4:30pm.

We’ll meet and hike from the Highland Center in Crawford Notch. I plan to get to the Highland Center around 7:00am and will be ready to go for a 7:30am start.

Interested? Reply here or message me.

:cool:

I am interested and tried to PM you and got the error message that your mail box is full. I am 95% sure I can make it but there is a work commitment that has remote chance of being pushed into Saturday. If it happens I should know by Friday evening

Hey Peakbagger,

I also just got the notification and cleaned house.

That's great news. I hope you can join the party. I'll be in the woods tomorrow but will be home early and checking messages. Actually, I'll get them on my phone once I'm out of the woods.

Looking forward to positive news

:)