Special Beer Night to Send-off mountaingirl to Antarctica

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuiYeng

Reaction score
As many of you know mountaingirl (Lei Wang, the real 7 summits) is on her quest to conquer the 7 summits. Just last month she summited Carstensz Pyramid, her number 4 out of the 7. Barely have the time to dry her gears, she once again packing up and ready to set off to her next adventure: Mt Vinson, South Pole and Aconcagua. Couple of us are getting together to celebrate her awesome achievements and a bon voyage to her next quest.

The tentative date is 6th (THU) or 7th, the Burren in Somerville? Any other takers or suggestion on venue and date?

You can read about Lei's adventures from her website: http://www.LeisVentures.com or come join us.

7summits said:
The tentative date is 6th (THU) or 7th, the Burren in Somerville? Any other takers or suggestion on venue and date?

Burren in Somerville on Thursday is good :)

should be fun -

one question - not to toss a wrench in the system, but does it have to be the burren - pain in the butt to get "to and fro" for us downtown workers that exit the metropolis via rail. :( :(

giggy said:
one question - not to toss a wrench in the system, but does it have to be the burren - pain in the butt to get "to and fro" for us downtown workers that exit the metropolis via rail. :( :(
Take the commuter train from freaking Porter Square ya crybaby!

My situation is worse. I'm banned from the Burren!

-Dr. Wu

I work outside city, will be there by 6:30. It's good that Mats may get there before I do, it's easier to locate the serac than the crevasse.

ok - so the venue change went over like a fart in a church - see you at the burren - they got no freaking TV's there. There is a Bruins game on!!

We'll just have bang out urban dictionary terms all eve. ;)

Reactions: arm
Sorry about the choice of venue, I should have give people more time to discuss before I made a decision. Any suggestion other than Somerville or Burren?

giggy said:
ok - so the venue change went over like a fart in a church - see you at the burren - they got no freaking TV's there. There is a Bruins game on!!

We'll just have bang out urban dictionary terms all eve. ;)

Nice.
Now I've heard it all Giggy.
If you had to pick one.
Would you rather, blow the froth off a couple with some friends,
or watch some freaking hocky game?
See you there. I will be inspecting the tap lines around 5:30-6:30
Hey Dave, are fart and church allowed in one sentence on this site?
Ooops... :eek:

7summits said:
Sorry about the choice of venue, I should have give people more time to discuss before I made a decision. Any suggestion other than Somerville or Burren?
The Dirty Truth in Easthampton works for me. Close enough to Rt. 90 (just take 91S) for anyone driving too.

-Dr. Wu

Best wishes to Lei! I found her blog both interesting and inspirational. :)

Also, I will once again be hosting a concurrent wine night -- this is California after all -- in Ventura. :D

I have to pass on this one; I need to start getting ready for a company trip leaving this weekend. Good luck, be well, and be safe Mountaingirl!

I'll be in Boston for a thing at Northeastern and will plan to stop on my way out! :D

Last edited: