Square Ledge

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierra

Reaction score
Olivarian Brook trail to the loop, we went clockwise to ascend the ledgy section of the ledge. Passaconnaway cut-off is a dream to descend. Had a great hike, never saw another person, water everywhere for my dog. Our first good hike in three weeks with good temps for my dog. Fungi everywhere including the "destroying angel" a highly toxic mushroom for humans. Bugs were slightly annoying, but my head net did it's job. Came out just over 9 miles because I dropped my phone near a junction and had to backtrack .5 to find it. 43/52 for our third round of the 52wav list.

Attachments

• IMG_20240730_220047_655.jpg
    IMG_20240730_220047_655.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 0
Is this the hike you do in place of Monadnock?
I did Hibbard for Monadnock, SL is to replace Shelburne Moriah which I do not care for at all. I actually do all all the de-listed peaks except for Wolf because I really enjoy them all and they are quiet. We have had many of them done without seeing another hiker. Carr is up soon, another fine route.

I did Hibbard for Monadnock, SL is to replace Shelburne Moriah which I do not care for at all. I actually do all all the de-listed peaks except for Wolf because I really enjoy them all and they are quiet. We have had many of them done without seeing another hiker. Carr is up soon, another fine route.
What are the guidelines presently? Delisted peaks are grandfathered? Thanks for any info in advanced.

It's good to know that I can "officially" count Hibbard and West Royce, so that puts me at 36. If the weather cooperates, I might get to 40 this year. We'll see. Rain or shine, I enjoy spending time in NH especially in the White Mts. The 52 WAV guidebook is excellent. Thanks Ken.

I've hiked that route a couple of times, and I especially enjoy the scramble. The second time, I encountered a couple of *much* older hikers approaching the height-of-land by going counterclockwise, but otherwise, I've had it to myself.

It’s awesome that you enjoy that route! The scramble really adds excitement to the hike. Meeting older hikers is always an interesting experience. Maybe consider trying the route counterclockwise next time for some fresh views? And don’t forget to prepare for changing conditions😊!

In the past, where I generally live :), there used to be Peregrine Falcon restriction placards located at the base of Square Ledge.