stupid question - dolly copp

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
have actually never stayed here before - is there a need to make reservations - I would think not as it seems to hold near 200 people - but I hear many sites are very crowded these days. I don't want to commit myself - becuase if weather is good - may hike into great gulf friday night to camp. but - will reserve if folks think its needed.

thanks for info

that has to be wrong hoping that website is off. - can't belive the whole damn thing would be sold out this late - to early for leave peepers ain't it?

Not every site at Dolly Copp can be reserved.

But, yes, it is VERY possible that the entire campground will be filled.

Dolly Copp holds a large number of sites for first come first served. At this time of year, they have already closed off several sections of the campground which limits the available sites (obviously!). But if you arrive at a reasonable hour on a Friday, you're likely to get something. I've driven up on Fridays at all times of the year when they are open and have never been turned away. You might have to settle with a crappy site, but you'll probably get one!

Trivia

Doly Copp was named after Hayes Copp, who married a fine young lady from Maine when she was 17 or so. They got the farm going at the currant site and entertained guest that traveled the notch for many years. On thier 50th anniversary, Dolly looked at Hayes, and in a polite voice stated" Your a fine enough husband Hayes, but 50 yrs is enough with any man" she left him and lived out her life in Maine. :eek: