Sunday 1/12/2014 mountains??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marysgirl

Reaction score
I will be up there this weekend and would like to get a mountain or two in, weather looks really good right now. Anyone want to go with on Sunday?

Madison
Jefferson
Monroe
Lafayette
Lincoln
Isolation
Moriah
Owl's
Garfield
Hale/Zealand

Hello,

I am not available on Sunday because I am going to try and finish my Winter 48 on Adams that day, but the weather doesn't look so good right now. I might be able to help you with some of your peaks. I needed help getting there and don't mind helping others. I might be available on 1/18 and on MLK day. After that I won't be available to hike again until February.

Let me know if you would like to schedule something.

Thanks,
Brian

weekend plans

Hi, I hope the weather clears up for you on Sunday, I look at my list and I try to determine where I won't even attempt to go on a particular day. I need Madison and Jefferson so I would consider joining you for at least the hike up if the weather clears! It is supposed to be warm but I use
http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Mount-Cabot/forecasts/1270
and it looks super windy!
I have a friend for the following weekend who is coming up with me, I am not certain about the following weekend.
I do appreciate the offer for help and if you are still interested in going any weekend please let me know. I will need help in February for sure! And I would appreciate any that you can give to me! I really have nothing easy left except for Cabot and Moriah and I wanted to get the bulk out of the way first so I wanted to do the multiple mountain trips!

Keep in mind a bad weekend for any trail that has significant water crossings. I expect stream will be running high given the forecast and ice jamming could make things interesting. Probably not a good weekend for Isolation via Rocky Branch!.

Is it worth giving it a try or should I just go up the road??

The tributary is along the herd path that bypasses the first two crossings of the Little River along the North Twin Tr. There isn't really any way to avoid it so it will depend on how much rain we get.

I had high hopes for Franconia Ridge on Sunday. Finally decided to scratch if off the kitchen calendar tonight. Next weekend works just as well ...

Ah, Lafayette and Lincoln another 2 I need. I am up for a 3 day weekend next weekend. Let's see what the weather is like!

Sounds good. Looks cold and dry at the moment for next weekend but we all know how quickly that could change. Got some new sub-zero gear I am looking to test out. The colder the better. :)