The actual conditions im the ADK

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
What are the actual conditions, of the trails in the ADK, after the last snowfall.
Thanks to those who broken the trails.

Yvon,

The only site I'm aware of that provides regular updates on High Peaks snow conditions is at 'lakeplacid.com', thanks to the Adirondack Ski Touring Council.

Go to the below URL, click 'click here for cross country ski conditions', then toggle down to 'Backcountry Conditions'.

http://lakeplacid.com/flash/whattodo/z-xcountry.htm

Cheers, Cliff

Of course, Albany and south seemed to get hit with some decent snow saturday night. I was coming back from Tupper Lake and it started to snow around Saratoga springs and there were some chance of snow warnings in the ADKs but it seemed that the main part of the storm was albany/catskills area. It seemed the 1/8/09 storm dumped about 6-8ish fresh inches of powder at elevation on the sewards, enough to fill in tracks but not too bad to break through. I came home on sunday from Albany so I don't know what happened last night..

Jay

Saturday night's snow produced about 5" of dry powder in Keene at 1800'. Very soft and nice for all winter sports!