The MOOSE 8/28/10??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
Guess it time to plan a grand finale... Knowing that Funkyfreddy is playing in Bethlehem (Away in a manger perhaps???) thinking casually now, Aug 28th for my Moosilauke finish. And I'd like to do it in a grand fashion TBD... wink.

Would be cool to see FunkyFreddy and finish my 115/48

Jay

Guess it time to plan a grand finale... Knowing that Funkyfreddy is playing in Bethlehem (Away in a manger perhaps???) thinking casually now, Aug 28th for my Moosilauke finish. And I'd like to do it in a grand fashion TBD... wink.

Jay
Great place for a finish. I can always use another trip up The Moose.

Jay

Perhaps Funky Freddy will serenade you on the summit?

That could be worth hiking up there to witness.

Ice cream is a distinct possibility... Dry Ice from the walmart and I'll bring my insulated bear canister... Hmmmm...

Jay

Bear Canister, we love bear canisters. Now I know Steve-O's in and he would just love to carry that thing!!!!!.

Actually I have one two if needed and I can work out some insulation for it....

I have used those simple insulation one uses to insulate a forced hot air heat duct, they look like silver aluminum with some kind of wafer closed-cell foam thing... Just cut to the size of my Bear Vault.

I have done it before on my CAT100 finish although Moosilauke is a longer hike... I didn't use dry ice but plain old ice. I think for the Moose, I'd have to use dry ice.

Jay

Does anybody who has been to:

Coneheads Ice Cream in North Woodstock verify that they sell Gifford's ice cream of Maine in Pint sizes or so? I have a list from Gifford's themselves of various ice cream places that carry their brand... This one looks promising...

Mimi and I went to an ice cream place just above Truant's Tavern on Main St but don't think that was Coneheads though it could of been...

Jay

I could hike Sunday the 29th Jay, have to play late morning on Sat August 28th :) I'd love to be on Moosilauke for your finish and Gail needs it for her 48's too! Thanks, Fred

bear-ly contained ice cream

Bear Canister, we love bear canisters. Now I know Steve-O's in and he would just love to carry that thing!!!!!.

Actually I have one two if needed and I can work out some insulation for it....

bring it up to crag's for this sat night! Cathy LOVES ice cream.

I've only seen Dippin dots in Alaska and they are W-E-I-R-D-! Fun, but weird and they dont sell them in cones..

Jay
they are everywhere! although having them in alaska would probably be the best place. having anything in alaska is probably better.

Late morning on saturday ? Where the hell are you playing ? :confused:

Local market in downtown Bethlehem.
You can feast on Sabrettes hot dogs from Weinie World while groovin to the beat :cool:

Jay, Shaws in Littleton sells Giffords in real olde-fashion half gallons. Not those puny little containers they sell nowadays.

Last edited:
That might be an option, not sure if I can fit a half gallon in my bear can and have room for dry ice...

You guys should set up your stage on the summit of Moosilauke, that would be the best...

Jay

Latest posts