The mountains around Tucson

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Reaction score
The family gathered here for a funeral yesterday. Tucson is ringed with moutains in every direction. I'm looking out at 8,000 to 10,000 foot peaks while I'm typing this. Temperature here in the foothills around the National Park is 71 degrees and t-shirt and shorts weather. Would love to go hiking but not appropriate given the circumstances.
Forecast tomorrow at Albany is a high of 12 degrees. Thats going to feel really cold.

Condolences.
If you get an opportunity, take a drive up Mt. Lemmon - great views of Tucson!

Oldsmores said:
Condolences.
If you get an opportunity, take a drive up Mt. Lemmon - great views of Tucson!

Went to school out there way back! Mt Lemmon is like the north woods in the middle of the desert! It was pretty well burned over last year! "A" Mtn is a much smaller peak on the west side with a road up too!

Fred

I've done some birding, hiking and running in and around Tucson on other trips. My family lives right outside of Saguaro National Park East. The sunrise hits the Santa Catalina mountains and Mt Lemmon and their house backs up on the Rincons.
With a death in the family, won't have the opportunity to do much of anything outdoors other than early morning runs into the National Park.