Tonight (6/11)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chomp

Reaction score
Anyone heading up to the Woodstock area tonight? Planning on getting a campsite at Hancock CG and then swinging down to the Woodstock Station for a brew or two. Probably be swinging by there on Sunday night as well, but that is more iffy. I'd invite peeps to join me on the backpack this weekend, but the site I am going to is tiny. I hope that everyone enjoys what looks to be excellent weather this weekend.

goin right by

I Go through Woodstock to and from work daily. I have plans to be partying at the Mt. Washington Hotel tonight.

P.S. Chomp, easy on the speed tonight. Last friday you went right by me. Nice stickers on the back of your vehicle. Pats and an AT sticker.

Great list! I just wish that I lived a little bit closer so I could work on it. Just wait until Darren completed the VFTT peakbagging list. It is sure to be.. interesting.

same list for NH

We'll just have to work on the same kind of list for NH. I thought about putting NY on the patch so we could add other states later on. I have a condo near North Conway and love being in the Whites (3 left to go of the 48!) so I wouldn't mind working on the same kind of list there. And then VT, and then ME, and then......

Great idea!

Just hoping that we don't have to carry a growler up any NH 4K!

-Blue
who has 3 left,
too.

I have South Hancock (long story), Owl's Head and Cabot left!

I'm hoping to finish on Cabot sometime after the VFTT Gathering in the Catskills - hoping to talk a few from this board into joining me for that day.

-Blue

Re: brews

hikethe115 said:
Since you guys like brews....check this out...it's a new list and a new patch to work toward. It's not done yet, but we're working on it.

http://viewsandbrews.whodeanie.com/

That is a cool idea. There aren't too many brew pubs in the whites, but perhaps a New England brew & hike list could be created. hmmmm.... I'll have to begin my research over a few beers.

Blue said:

Just hoping that we don't have to carry a growler up any NH 4K!

Another great idea. Bag each of the NH 48 with a NH beer. I know there are not 48 different breweries in the state, but there might be 48 different flavors of NH beer. You would have to bag Mt Washington with a Tuckerman's Ravine Ale, of course. And Cannon would have to be Woodstock Old Man Stout. I suppose Owl's Head could be the Pig's Ear Brown, but that is a bit of a stretch.

Any other ideas? I think that we could go with a bottle rather than a growler, tho.

IMHO, Woodstock Station's best is their Pemi Pale Ale, but they do not sell enough to warrant bottles, so only growlers. Sadly, they no longer take back the growlers for a $2 deposit, as many micro-breweries and brew pubs still do.

Moat Mountain has some fantastic beers available in growlers, and though you don't get a deposit back, you can refill on the cheap.

I've gotten into quite the pattern of hiking on Saturday, picking up growlers, and bringing them to Sunday bbq's.
:D

Moat Mountain

I recently bought a condo near Moat Mountain Brewery. Now I can hike in the Whites and have a microbrewerey nearby! Most of these breweries mentioned are at the Vermont Brewers Festival. We go every year and do a hike in Vermont and then attend and volunteer at the festival. Gee, can you see a pattern here?