Vanderwhacker

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 08-13-2011

Trail Conditions: Several large downed trees in the first section, young kids might crawl under one of them (I picked my son up on way out), Also down low, some of the vegetation, including blackberries are tight, in or after a rain, the car wash would be in operation. Parts of the trail above the cabin are pretty eroded, worse than I remember the first time.

Special Equipment Required: on a clear day, a good digital camera for pictures from the summit firetower

Comments: - had thought abut doing Macomb with the kids but this was a far smarter place. closer to where we stayed, we slept in some & no real concern about pace. From the tower, Vanderwhacker provides 360 views including maybe the best panoramic view of the high peaks, from the Sewards to the west, all the way over to the Dix Range with peaks in the East that likely were in VT. If you haven't done Vanderwhacker on a clear day, you're missing out.

Mike P, Kristina & Nicholas

[email protected]