Vintage Views and Brew: Shackleton Whiskey found

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but Paradox must be drooling right now! :D

You mean more than usual ?

"It's a dark and brooding scotch with an oily nose and hints of lichen zest, vaguely reminiscent of finely aged musk ox sweat filtered over time through a shallow dome of bog peat..."

Hopefully they found some cheese and crackers up there, too.

Not much of a whiskey man myself either but Paradox must be drooling right now! :D

You mean more than usual ?

"It's a dark and brooding scotch with an oily nose and hints of lichen zest, vaguely reminiscent of finely aged musk ox sweat filtered over time through a shallow dome of bog peat..."

Hopefully they found some cheese and crackers up there, too.

Hey! I resemble those comments! :mad: :( :eek: :eek: :) :D

I never cared for Scotch in my younger daze, but now that I've matured...wait, scratch that, SWMBO might read this...now that I've "gotten older" I rather like it.

Evidently, it's the de rigueur spirit for ice climbers, and I didn't wanna break with tradition, so when a friend offered up part of his bottle of 14yr Oban, well.... :D

Regardless of whether you're a dranker or not, I still think it's pretty cool that they could locate, and recover in good condition, something a hundred years old.

Not much of a whiskey man myself either but Paradox must be drooling right now! :D
I expect that this is something you will brewed about. :D

Chip said:
Aw come on, where's your spirit! :D