Waumbek & Cabot 3/19-3/20

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albee

Reaction score
Beaner and I are going to do an overnight on the weekend of March 19th/20th. The plan is to bag six of the NH 100 Highest in winter and get done by 7:30 AM on Sunday morning. We're looking for a couple of adventurers to join us.

The itinerary looks as follows: Start at the Starr King trailhead at about 9 AM on Saturday, 3/19 after spotting a car at the Berlin Fish Hatchery. Hike over Starr King, Waumbek, South, Middle, and North Weeks, and Terrace Mountains on Saturday and setting up camp at the Cabot Cabin in the early afternoon. Then hit Cabot, the Bulge, and the Horn early on Sunday and head out to the trailhead at the Fish Hatchery.

The pace shouldn't be too difficult, as I expect there to be a decent amount of trail-breaking along the Kilkenny Ridge. Cabot will be Beaner's 48th, so a little celebration will be in order at the Cabin. If you would just like to join us for the Waumbek hike, or if you'd like to continue over the Weeks and hike out to the BFH, then you are more than welcome to join us.

The mileage looks like about 13.6 on Saturday and 7.1 on Sunday morning. Sound like fun? Come along and join us!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but for *any* of those peaks to officially count for winter you would have to be at the Fish Hatchery trail head by the Sunday 7:30am deadline. Right?

Would be a bummer to oversleep :eek:

Bob

HikerBob said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but for *any* of those peaks to officially count for winter you would have to be at the Fish Hatchery trail head by the Sunday 7:30am deadline. Right?
That's correct, you'd have to make it to the trailhead before Spring starts. Unless you cross a road somewhere in the middle, that would count as a trailhead.

-dave-

There is a group of us Hiking Waumbek on the 20th with a 2AM start time from Starr King Trailhead. We hope to be back at the cars for 7:33am

Yes.. we're crazy.. anyone is welcome to join us as well! :eek:

I know someone who SHOULD join is because he can;t seem to find his way to the easiest peak in the whites! ;)

Last edited: